- Your device needs to be eSIM compatible. (see “What devices support eSIM?“)
- Your device needs to be network unlocked.
- Ensure you have a stable connection, preferably WiFi. (You need to download the eSIM properly to your device and a stable internet connection is a must.)
You can follow this video guide to help you through the steps of installing and setting up your eSIMs.
For the step-by-step instructions, please follow the below procedure.
There are three ways to install an eSIM on your device:
This article will guide you through the MANUAL METHOD.
If you need to use other methods, please click on the links above to see the steps.
- Login to your Airalo account.
- Go to My eSIMs.
- Look for the eSIM you want to install.
- Tap the Details button.
- Tap Install eSIM
- Tap the Manual tab at the top
- You should be able to see SM-DP + Address & Activation code. Take note of this or keep this page open so you can copy the details later.
If you are experiencing issues scanning the QR code or are unable to scan the QR code, you can enter eSIM details manually. Here’s how:
- On your device, go to Settings
- Tap Cellular or Mobile.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan.
- Select Enter Details Manually. You will be asked to enter:
- SM-DP+ Address
- Activation Code
- Confirmation Code(if available in your Airalo Account)
- Choose a label or customized label for your eSIM.
- Under the Default Line page, select your eSIM for cellular data only
- You should see your new eSIM under your Cellular Data or Mobile Data Plans.
III. ACCESSING DATA
If you are already in the supported country for the eSIM, you can continue to set it up to access mobile data.
- On your device, go to Settings>>Cellular or Settings>>Mobile.
- Tap on your newly installed eSIM plan.
- Toggle TURN ON THIS LINE for your eSIM
- Enable Data Roaming
- On the same page, tap on CELLULAR DATA NETWORK OR MOBILE DATA NETWORK. Type the APN(access point name) on the field provided on your device if required. You can find the APN details in the eSIM installation details on your Airalo App/Account.
- Go back to Settings>>Cellular or Settings>>Mobile.
- Select your eSIM for Cellular Data or Mobile Data. Be sure to turn OFF “Allow Cellular Data Switching” to avoid charges on your other line.
- You should have access to mobile data now.
If you need any assistance, please contact us.
- How to install and set up an eSIM on my iOS device?
- How to install and set-up an eSIM on my iOS device via the manual method?
- How to check if my Android device supports eSIM?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- Install an eSIM on Google Pixel 3/ Google Pixel 4
- How to install and set-up an eSIM on my iOS device via QR code?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How to install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy devices?
- When do I need to verify my identity?