Please check the following items in order to guarantee that you are able to successfully install and set up your eSIM:
- Your device is eSIM compatible and network unlocked. (see “What devices support eSIM?“+”How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?“)
- You have a stable connection, preferably WiFi. (You need to download the eSIM properly to your device and a stable internet connection is a must.)
Below you can find the step-by-step instructions, but you may also find helpful our video guide
There are three ways of installing an eSIM on your device:
- Direct method
- QR Code method
- Manual method
This article will guide you through both QR code and Manual methods.
- Login to your Airalo account.
- Go to My eSIMs.
- Look for the eSIM you want to install.
- Tap the Details button.
- Tap Install eSIM/Access Data
- Tap the Manual tab at the top
- You should be able to see SM-DP + Address & Activation code. Take note of this or keep this page open so you can copy the details later.
- On your device, go to Settings
- Tap Cellular or Mobile.
- Tap Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan.
4. Select Enter Details Manually. You will be asked to enter:
- SM-DP+ Address
- Activation Code
- Confirmation Code(if available on your Airalo Account)
5. Choose a label or customized label for your eSIM.
6. Under the Default Line page, select your eSIM for cellular data only
7. You should see your new eSIM under your Cellular Data or Mobile Data Plans.
- On your device, go to Settings
- Tap Cellular or Mobile
- Tap Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan
4. Use your printed QR code or another device that displays the QR code to scan your eSIM QR Code
5. If prompted, enter the 4-digit confirmation code. You can skip this step if you are not provided with the confirmation code.
6. Choose a label or customized label for your eSIM.
7. Under the Default Line page, select your eSIM for cellular data only
8. You should see your new eSIM under your Cellular Data or Mobile Data Plans.
IV. ACCESSING DATA (QR CODE OR MANUAL METHOD)
After installing your eSIM, you must also make the necessary adjustments for connecting as required on your eSIM installation page.
- On your device, go to Settings>Cellular or Settings>Mobile.
- Tap on your newly installed eSIM plan.
3. Toggle TURN ON THIS LINE for your eSIM and enable the Data Roaming
4. On the same page, tap on CELLULAR DATA NETWORK OR MOBILE DATA NETWORK. Type the APN(access point name) on the field provided on your device if required. You can find the APN details in the eSIM installation details on your Airalo App/Account.
5. Go back to Settings>Cellular or Settings>Mobile.
6. Select your eSIM for Cellular Data or Mobile Data. Be sure to turn OFF “Allow Cellular Data Switching” to avoid charges on your other line.
7. Go to your eSIM settings and select the supported network.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support.
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro device?
- How can I save my eSIM instructions for later?
- How to check if my Android device supports eSIM?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Pixel device?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do I install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy S20/S21 series device?
- When do I need to verify my identity?
- When does my eSIM data package expire?
- How do I change my APN settings?
- When can I install my eSIM?
- Is there an eSIM for my desired country?
- How do I install and set up an eSIM on my Android device?
- How do I sign up for an Airalo account?
- How can I get an eSIM?