In order to know when you can install the eSIM, you must be aware of the activation policy.
Most eSIMs will only activate at the destination once they connect to a supported network or any of the supported networks.
On the other hand, there are eSIMs that will activate instantly as soon as they are installed, regardless of the location.
How can I know when my eSIM will activate?
You must check your eSIM’s activation policy.
- Search for the country you wish to buy an eSIM for
- Select the eSIM that you like
- Check the Additional Information
- Tap “Show more” to find the Activation Policy
- Go to My eSIMs> Details> Show more> Activation Policy
The activation policy will be as one of the following:
- “The validity period starts when the eSIM connects to any supported network(s)”: This means that you can install the eSIM before traveling without activating it. Once you arrive at the destination you can connect by turning on your eSIM line as long as the setup has been completed as advised on your eSIM installation page.
- “The validity period starts at the installation”: This means that your eSIM will activate instantly once installed, and hence, the validity period will start to run although you are not yet at the destination.
- How to check if my Android device is eSIM compatible?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- Install an eSIM on Google Pixel 3/ Google Pixel 4
- How to install an eSIM on my iOS device?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How to install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S21 / S21+ devices?
- How can I install my eSIM manually?
- When do I need to upload my passport?
- When does my eSIM data package expire?