When you can use the same eSIM:
- The eSIM has available top-up data package options you can buy.
- You still have the eSIM installed on your device.
- You will use the eSIM in the supported country or countries
When you buy an eSIM, you will see if this eSIM has an available top-up package. If you plan on using the same eSIM again, please do not delete the eSIM.
You can leave it installed and simply turn it OFF under Cellular Data Plans while not in use. You can keep on adding a top-up data package to your eSIM as long there’s an available top-up data package.
To know how to top up an eSIM, see How can I top up an eSIM?
Please note that you can only use your eSIM and data packages for the supported country.
When you can’t use the same eSIM:
- There are no available top-up options.
- You plan on using your eSIM for a different country than you’ve used before and it’s not supported.
If there are no available top-up options for your eSIM, then it is for one-time use only. You can safely remove the eSIM from your device once the data package is used up or has expired. [Can I remove an eSIM from my device? – Airalo Help Center]
When you want to use your eSIM in another country, please ensure that your eSIM and data packages support the country you are going to. Otherwise, you will not be able to use it.
As a quick reference:
- Local eSIMs support one country only.
- Regional and Global eSIMs cover multiple countries.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support.
- Where can I find my eSIM’s ICCID number?
- How can I receive SMS and calls while connected with my data-only eSIM?
- When is it safe to remove eSIMs from my device?
- Can I access all apps and websites with my eSIM mobile data?
- Can I receive phone calls on my primary number?
- Can I make phone calls or send SMS with my eSIM?
- Can I reinstall an eSIM?
- How can I remove an eSIM from my iOS device?
- How can I top up an eSIM?
- Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?
- Can I install the same eSIM on multiple devices?
- What happens to the unused data after the validity period?
- How can I check my current data usage?
- How do I know which eSIM is using data?
- How many eSIMs can I install?