Yes, you can use your personal hotspot with our eSIMs.
Before you use tethering with your eSIM, you need to manually update and save a new Personal hotspot APN and turn Data Roaming on.
Follow these steps to set Personal Hotspot APN settings for your iOS device:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data
- Go to your eSIM under Cellular/Mobile Data Plans
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data Network
- In the Personal Hotspot APN field, type the APN as written in the eSIM installation details (all lower case, all one word)
- Leave username and password blank
In order to turn on your devices’ hotspot, please follow these steps:
- Set an APN before enabling Hotspot & tethering
- From the Home screen, head to Settings on your device(pull down the notification bar and hit the gear-shaped Settings button)
- Go to Network & Internet
- Tap “Hotspot & tethering”, then
- Tap “Wi-Fi hotspot” and turn on “Wi-Fi hotspot”
- Can I receive phone calls on my primary number?
- Can I make phone calls or send SMS?
- Can I reinstall an eSIM?
- How can I remove an eSIM from my device?
- How can I top up an eSIM ?
- Can I use tethering (personal hotspot)?
- Can I keep my eSIM and buy/top-up a data plan as I go ?
- Can I use the same QR code and install the eSIM profile on multiple devices?
- Can I transfer an eSIM that I have already installed on another device?
- Can unused data be rolled over or transferred to a different eSIM or device?