After confirming that your device* and eSIM support a 5G network, you should be able to connect with a much higher data speed. If you don’t see 5G indicated in your iPhone’s status bar, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you’re in an area with 5G coverage.
- Go to Settings > Cellular/Mobile > TAP the preferred SIM > Cellular/Mobile Data Options. If Voice & Data has 5G On, your device has 5G activated. If 5G is not an option, the eSIM does not support 5G.
- If your device has 5G activated, turn on Airplane Mode, then turn it off to reconnect to a 5G network.
If you still don’t have a 5G connection, please contact us on our support channels for further assistance.
*Only iPhone 12 models or later work with the 5G cellular or mobile networks.
*An area with 5G coverage is required to connect to a 5G network. Being too far away may cause speeds to slow down or drop to a 4G or LTE connection.
- What is Discover+ Global eSIM?
- How do I set a data limit on my Android device?
- How can I save data usage on my Android device?
- How can I save data usage on my iOS device?
- How can I track my data usage with iOS widgets?
- How do I change my eSIM label?
- Can I use 5G with my eSIM?
- Where can I find my eSIM’s ICCID number?
- How can I receive SMS and calls while connected with my data-only eSIM?
- When can I use the same eSIM?
- When is it safe to remove eSIMs from my device?
- Can I access all apps and websites with my eSIM mobile data?
- Can I receive phone calls on my primary number?
- Can I make phone calls or send SMS with my eSIM?
- Can I reinstall an eSIM?
- How can I remove an eSIM from my iOS device?
- How can I top up an eSIM?
- Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?
- Can I install the same eSIM on multiple devices?
- What happens to the unused data after the validity period?
- How can I check my current data usage?
- How do I know which eSIM is using data?
- How many eSIMs can I install?