You can smoothly install your eSIM with just a few clicks by choosing the “Direct” installation method and following the steps below.
1.Go to the “My eSIMs” tab on your Airalo app and tap on “Details”.
2.Select “Install eSIM”.
3.Tap on “INSTALL NOW” at the bottom of your screen for initiating the installation.
(Please note that once the installation process has started, it cannot be interrupted, which means that if you try to go back to the previous step or close the app, you’ll no longer be able to install the same eSIM).
4.Tap on “Add Cellular Plan”.
5.Label the eSIM.
6.Choose the preferred default line to call or send messages.
7.Choose the preferred line to use with iMessage & Facetime.
8.Choose your Airalo eSIM plan as your default line for Cellular Data and do not turn on “Allow Cellular Data Switching” to prevent charges on your other line.
9.Select your Airalo eSIM under “Cellular Plans”.
10.Ensure that “Turn on this line” is toggled on.
11.Go to “Network Selection” and select the supported network.
12. Go to “Cellular Data Network” and update the “CELLULAR DATA” APN field to the APN advised on your eSIM installation page* and leave the remaining fields in blank.
*If no APN instruction is available, it means that you should not edit your APN settings.
13.Turn on the data roaming if required on your eSIM installation page.
You can also find these steps and more information about your eSIM specific instructions on your Airalo app by going to My eSIMs> Details> Install Now> Direct and scrolling down.
- How to check if my Android device is eSIM compatible?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- Install an eSIM on Google Pixel 3/ Google Pixel 4
- How to install an eSIM on my iOS device?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How to install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S21 / S21+ devices?
- How can I install my eSIM manually?
- When do I need to upload my passport?
- When does my eSIM data package expire?