The eSIM capability of a device depends, firstly, if the manufacturer includes said feature in their devices. This is why we have a list of compatible devices for easy checking.
However, there are cases where, even though the model is listed as eSIM capable, it’s possible that you still can’t add an eSIM plan.
Android is an open-source operating system, meaning any mobile device manufacturer or carrier can customize it. So there could be models released in some regions or countries that don’t have eSIM capability or that the main carrier, where you bought the device, may not have this feature enabled.
Below are some steps we were able to collect to check if your device has eSIM capability. They may or may not be applicable to your device. Please note that the best way to confirm the eSIM feature is still through your device manufacturer, vendor, or your main carrier.
- Go to Settings> Connections> SIM card manager> Add Mobile plan
- If the “Add Mobile plan” is available, it should mean that your device supports eSIMs.
Remember to contact Samsung support to confirm if the above steps are possible for your device.
- Go to Settings >> Network & Internet
- Tap the ‘+’ sign across SIMs.
- If the Connect to Mobile network page has a “Download a SIM instead?” option, this means that your device is eSIM capable.
Remember to contact Google Pixel support or your vendor or main carrier to confirm if the above steps are possible for your device.
Other Android devices
- Dial *#06# and press the call
- In case your device is eSIM capable, you should be able to view your device’s eSIM unique identification number (EID).
Remember to check with your device manufacturer, vendor, or primary carrier to confirm eSIM capability if the above steps are not helpful for you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support.
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Google Pixel 6 or 6 Pro device?
- How can I save my eSIM instructions for later?
- How do I install and set up an eSIM on my iOS device?
- How to check if my iOS device is eSIM compatible and carrier unlocked?
- How can I install my eSIM via Direct Installation on my iOS device?
- How do I install and set up my eSIM on my Pixel device?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- How do I install an eSIM on Samsung Galaxy S20/S21 series device?
- When do I need to verify my identity?
- When does my eSIM data package expire?
- How do I change my APN settings?
- When can I install my eSIM?
- Is there an eSIM for my desired country?
- How do I install and set up an eSIM on my Android device?
- How do I sign up for an Airalo account?
- How can I get an eSIM?