You can safely remove eSIMs from your device when:
There is no longer an active data package for the eSIM
- When you bought an eSIM from Airalo, it always comes with a data package that is ready to be activated. You can see from your Airalo App or account if there is still an active data package for your eSIM (not yet expired). If this is the case, please do not delete the eSIM from the device.
You no longer have a use for it
- Some eSIMs from Airalo can only be used once and can’t be topped up. You can remove these eSIMs after using them.
- If you have an eSIM that you no longer plan to use, you can safely remove it as well.
Your new eSIM is for the same country/region
- When you buy an eSIM from the store, you will receive a new eSIM each time. The new eSIM will always need installation. It’s always best to start to install on a clean slate to avoid confusion on which eSIM is in the device.
To remove your eSIMs from the device, navigate to your device’s Mobile/Cellular Settings, tap on the eSIM you want to delete and select “Remove Mobile Data Plan”. Depending on the device, it can also be “Remove Cellular Plan”, “Delete Mobile Plan”, or something similar.
For the step-by-step instructions on how to eSIMs from iOS devices, please refer to ‘How can I remove an eSIM from my device?’.
- When can I use the same eSIM?
- When is it safe to remove eSIMs from my device?
- Can I receive phone calls on my primary number?
- Can I make phone calls or send SMS?
- Can I reinstall an eSIM?
- How can I remove an eSIM from my iOS device?
- How can I top up an eSIM?
- Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?
- Can I use the same QR code and install the eSIM profile on multiple devices?
- What happens to the unused data after the validity period?