Can I make phone calls or send SMS with my eSIM?
For most Airalo eSIMs, you will not be able to make phone calls or send SMS text messages, as our eSIM packs provide data only. Telephony services like Texts(SMS) and calls are not possible using a Data-only eSIM. However, you can use internet-based calls and messages.
Please note that if you plan to use third-party apps for calling or texting over the internet, ensure that you already have it set up before using your eSIM.
You can find what kind of plan is supported by the desired eSIM prior to purchase by going to BUY NOW> Additional Information> Plan Type.
On the Airalo app
On the Airalo website
- How do I set a data limit on my Android device?
- How can I save data usage on my Android device?
- How can I save data usage on my iOS device?
- How can I track my data usage with iOS widgets?
- How do I change my eSIM label?
- Why don’t I see 5G in the status bar on my iPhone?
- Can I use 5G with my eSIM?
- Where can I find my eSIM’s ICCID number?
- How can I receive SMS and calls while connected with my data-only eSIM?
- When can I use the same eSIM?
- When is it safe to remove eSIMs from my device?
- Can I access all apps and websites with my eSIM mobile data?
- Can I receive phone calls on my primary number?
- Can I reinstall an eSIM?
- How can I remove an eSIM from my iOS device?
- How can I top up an eSIM?
- Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?
- Can I install the same eSIM on multiple devices?
- What happens to the unused data after the validity period?
- How can I check my current data usage?
- How do I know which eSIM is using data?
- How many eSIMs can I install?
Still need help?
Reach out to us and our customer support team will get back to you in a jiffy.Send us a message